Sunday, June 3, 2007

Trip to NY Part 2

Monday afternoon we headed back to Youngstown. We spent the rest of the week there. We visited a few different parks for Seth to get some run around time, went down to the fish hatchery by the Yacht club and to see the "pirates" in their sailboats, and we surprised Mom with another visit to her school. I got to do a drive-by of my old schools, my old friends houses and the house I grew up in in Lewiston. The best part of that week was seeing my friends Jenn and Sarah and catching up on our lives. It's always so good to see long time friends, as I know that these are the women I'll keep in touch with till I'm old and grey. Sarah took me out for my 30th birthday at Brennans to get a long-missed chicken finger sub. Dad took me out for lunch at the old coffee house where I got my first waitressing job, and he took Seth out for a while so that I could have some alone time (which just ended up being nap time) but was desperately needed. All in all I had a wonderful time. It was, and is always, so comforting to be around my parents and family. But after a week and a half of being away from home, Seth's behavior started to get worse and worse, and we could all tell he was missing his Daddy and didn't know how to express it. So, we were looking forward to seeing him. Next time, we'll make sure he comes with us.

0 comments: