Sunday, June 3, 2007

Trip to NY Part 1

We arrived in Youngstown just after midnight on Thursday morning and slept in till 830ish. Once we got up and dressed and such we packed up the car headed for camp in the mountains. My parents have a beautiful camp on Lake Elijah where they spend their summers. We stopped to see my Mom at work, so she could show off her grandchildren to her friends and show off her school and friends to us. Seth had to touch every button and thing in her office. Just before camp we stopped in Carthage and spent a half hour with my Pop to surprise him. Grandma and Pop didn't know we were all coming, and they've never met John before, so we were excited to see them. Late morning on Friday my sister Noreen arrived from VT with my neice Nicole and nephew Hayden. It was great to see them, and a relief that Seth would have someone to play with other than me. In the afternoon my Grandma arrived, and she was so surprised!

The rest of the weekend involved lots of relaxation, food, card games, a swim (the little ones don't feel teh freezing cold like we old folks do), a 60th wedding anniversary celebration (Grandma and Pop), an ATV ride (with a deer sighting), a boat ride and just fun spending time with family. I wish I lived closer to enjoy it more often.

0 comments: