Monday, June 11, 2007

Books

While up in NY my Mom gave me a book she read and recommended called the Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini. On the plane I started to read it, and shortly after I got home I couldn't put it down. It was excellent, and I'm looking forward now to reading the second book he wrote A Thousand Splendid Sons, which I have put my name on the waiting list at the library for. I am very excited about getting back into books and doing some more reading. It's been years....pretty much since I went to college, since I've read books consistantly for enjoyment. With my new book, My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, I didn't even have any desire to turn on the tv after the kids were put down to bed last night. Perhaps reading is the sort of intellectual stimulation that I need to help me stay sane while I'm home with two small children. Yeah, duh...you're probably thinking. But I've just been out of practice of reading for SO long that it's just not something I thought to do.

1 comments:

Emily said...

I never ever read either.... I think it's mostly b/c I don't know what to read that I'll like! I was thinking a good book would be good for while Erik's gone, but never got one. Hmm.... maybe I should go to the library sometime.... I'm feeling inspired! :) But what to get... I'll let you know!