Saturday, June 2, 2007

Home Again

Today went by very quickly traveling back home to GA, though I am utterly exhausted. John's ears didn't seem to be affected by the pressure much at all, which made everyone around me very happy. And the second length of the flight was just after lunch. Perfect timing for Seth to take a great nap and therefore be in a good mood for the rest of the day. Seth was a great helper in getting the luggage and everything from the airport to the car (in the pouring rain). I don't think I would be able to travel with two children by myself if Seth wasn't as old as he is and able to help. It kind of irritated me that not a single person who worked at the airport offered to help me with my luggage (though why it still surprises me that after 3 years of living in Ga that the people here just aren't nice, I don't know....enter small tangent.....as I'm walking toward the parking lot pushing a double stroller in one hand with a baby and a car seat in it, and dragging 3 suitcases behind me with my 3-year-old a few steps behind that dragging a 4th suitcase in the rain, I walked by 3 valets standing around because on a Sat afternoon the airport was dead and not a single one of them says anything to me.....a woman in a van slowed to a stop and rolled down her window and said to them...I'm meeting someone here, where should I go? .....one valet shouts at her.....well, if you're picking someone up where do you THINK you should go?......arrivals, I heard her say......and the response from the guy......didn't you see the BIG sign back there?....she drives away.....was that necessary? were you doing something SO important that you had to be a smart-ass to a woman who asked for very simple directions? .....grrr......now perhaps you get a small glimpse of what I deal with all the time around here.) Anyhow, we drove straight to Thomson to visit Dave at work and have dinner with him before coming home. It feels so good to get his big hug and see the smiles on the boys when they see him. I got home around 830pm....11 hours total travel time. It will feel so good to sleep in my own bed. Dave has the next two days off of work. I'm looking forward having some family time and telling him all about the trip.

0 comments: