Monday, August 6, 2007

WW

The past few days have been a huge battle for me. I feel like I've been on this diet forever, but it's only been a few days. I've struggled physically, emotionally, and willpowerly. It's a no wonder so many people give up after a few days. I feel a lot like I'm mourning an old friend. Food was my company at night, my friend when I was bored, any excuse to celebrate even a simple accomplishment. It was there when I needed it. Now, it is not.

I used all my flex points at the baby shower on Sunday. My friend made a trifle with dark chocolate brownies, rasperries, and a raspberry bavarian creme-like layered together and I must tell you that I....literally......cried when I ate it. After the first few days I figured out how to spread my points out so I wasn't stuck with a bunch at the end of the day that I had to use up, so that helps. But that leaves me feeling slightly above hungry all day long. It's a strange feeling to get used to. There are times when I was SO tempted to break down and just chow down. My sister saved me yesterday from polishing of the remainder of Seth's little pizza. I called her up like a rehab partner to convince me not to eat it. It worked, I didn't even eat the crust. Today I ate half of some fries at McDonalds (I don't let Seth eat a whole one), and that satisfied my fast food craving. That's what I do LOVE about WW. I can eat whatever I want still, I just have to balance it out.

The one thing I do love about all of this, and this is the reason I think it'll work this time around, is that I have much more support. My sister inspired me to start on this new adventure. My husband is doing this with me, though not going to meetings. I started just doing all his points for him and telling him what to eat, but he got tired of that quick and figured out the points and stuff for himself and is now following it along with me. And lastly, I think it will work this time because I am going to the meetings. The meetings give me a goal to meet, a weekly finish line of weigh-in where I can celebrate my little accomplishments with people who are doing the same thing with me. I'm really looking forward to this week being over and going to get on that scale. I know that the longer I'm sticking with it the easier it will get.

0 comments: