Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Crazy

So the past two days have been both good and bad. Mostly though, they've just been completely crazy. I'll start with the good.

Seth LOVES his new pre-school. His teachers said that he fit right in. He couldn't wait to show me the fish in the aquarium, how he can play the acordion, and his name on the table where his seat is. In the evenings he talks so much it's almost annoying, not necessarily about school but just in an excited "I had a great day" kind of chatter. We have already noticed that he's picked up some new words and phrases (good ones). When I pick him up he is hungry, which tells me he's been active and he'll eat a good dinner. Overall, I'm thrilled with his school and how well he's doing. A small unpleasant side-effect of a dozen 3-4 year olds in one room.......Seth's already starting to get a stuffy nose/cold. We've been really fortunate for the past year in how healthy Seth has been, but I suppose it's better to build up his immune system to it now than to miss school when attendance really counts.

Second, so far I have not been called to work. I have been calling the temp agency every morning but haven't gotten any call backs yet. My hope is that I'll have an interview or two this week for work on Tuesday next. I just want to get past all this moving and unpacking business.

So, I didn't end up getting my hair done yesterday. Mainly because of issues with John's daycare. No.....solely because of it. We ended up having a bad experience when we dropped him off for our first day. John wasn't hurt or anything, he's just fine. It's a long story. But I ended up leaving him there for only 2 hours, and I won't take him back again. This morning I went there to get his things and give them notice and even that didn't go so well. So, yesterday afternoon I missed my hair appointment and dropped all my other plans to look around at other daycares. I went to about 5 new ones, and Dave and I visited one today. We found one that is actually just minutes from our new house and it turned out to be just what I was looking for. The only downside is that Seth's preschool is about 10-15 minutes away, so it will take me longer to drop them off in the morning. An insignificant inconvenience.

Other than that, I've been dealing with switching to a bottle issues with John, and biting (breastfeeding biting) issues too. Neither are going well, but thanks to my friend Emily I got some great advice on how to deal with them. I've been busy running around getting our utilities set to change, baking treats for kinship group (why'd I sign up for that?), returning library movies, shopping for an extra set of carseats (yes 2 cars and 2 working parents=4 carseats yikes!), and a wic appointment. Tomorrow is WW, an appt with the army reserves and somewhere in there I have to clean and organize the entire house for the packers on Thursday. And I have to do the hokey-pokey and turn myself around. That's what it's all about.

0 comments: