Friday, August 24, 2007

florida etc

Back from our trip to Florida and still trying to unwind from the car trip. We had a great time. Grandma was great, it was nice to see her and get to know her better. She loved holding John, as did John all the attention from the nursing home grandmas. We stayed in a few guest rooms that the nursing home has for visitors of their residents and ate all our meals with her there, so we got to spend a lot of time with her.

I'm SOO glad Dave came with me, as Seth had a bit of a difficult time (at times). Seth got to swim, see some alligators and some birds that I don't know what their name is. This trip made me a lot more aware of the need for me to practice a little more etiquette so that I can teach Seth appropriate times not to belch, even if he does say excuse me, or when not to talk about his penis, and why pulling the string in the bathroom and the bedroom on the wall is not a good idea either (as we had the emergency and security folks knocking on our door twice).

Florida is just beautiful, even the sky is a lighter blue and higher than the sky here in Ga. The architecture is more colorful, it seems cleaner and better kept, and what struck us most was how nice people seemed to be, especially in the nursing home. I thought how nice it might be to work in an environment like that where you get to give to others, and where everyone is so respectful and pleasant. It made me wish I had gone into nursing or some other profession than just language, which I love of course but don't seem to be having much luck with. It sucks to be 30 and still not really know what you're going to do with your life.

1 comments:

Emily said...

Glad you had fun! What a sweet thing to visit your grandma and stay w/ her and all. And I hear you about needing to teach the kids more about "appropriateness"! Yikes!

And I remember being pleasantly surprised at how different FL is when I went there as a middle schooler. I had never seen palm trees like that before!! :)

Hope it's an easy adjustment back to life after vacation....

Emily