Friday, August 3, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Book 7, a book review

Yet another exciting adventure for Harry and his trusty friends Hermione and Ron. I know some of you out there have not read it yet, so I'm not going to give too many details about it. It was overall a nice story. I was really glad that I took a long time to read it (it is, after all a 750 page book) because I always hate it when a good book is done, and in this case a really good series of books. So I was able to enjoy it for a long time. I did get frustrated with it at times. Half-way through the book it seems like the trio isn't getting anywhere. They keep doing these dangerous excursions which turned out to be nothing, and then suddenly out of nowhere some magic happens (that they themselves have nothing to do with) to save them. Like they did a whole lot for nothing and nothing for a whole lot. It was kind of irritating. But once Harry does make a few decisions, things pick up and move rather quickly. I found myself staying up late hours for a few days in a row so that I could continue. It gets pretty exciting.
Then the end comes, and you get a whole lot of information thrown at you all at once. Now, I know this is a kids book... so I think perhaps I show my age when I say that I just didn't get it....or I should say all of it. I think I need to read it again to get it all in. It's just that it is really long. So, I doubt this will help anyone in deciding whether or not to read it. If any of my local readers want to borrow it, you are welcome.

0 comments: