Thursday, July 12, 2007

People make me SO MAD- a bitch session

PEOPLE
frustrate me
to NO END
particularly people who have no clue when it comes to their children or children in general
I honestly believe people SHOULD have to apply to make babies 'cause then maybe those that are too lazy to watch or discipline their kids would be too lazy to go downtown to apply and therefore never have those children. Though, I don't really know what the criteria would be since absolute MORONs can apply to work in a daycare and get hired. Like the one daycare I took Seth and John to today at the Y so I could work out and in the first 5 minutes Seth was handled improperly while I was STANDING RIGHT THERE! Seth cried in my arms he was so scared, so I immediately took them out and took Seth to the pool instead, where we encountered every bullying child in the city. Poor Seth with his Superman action figure said to another kid I'm Superman! and this kid got mad and said repeatedly STOP SAYING THAT! I"M BIGGER THAN YOU! I"M 6 YEARS OLD! and when Seth turned around and walked away from this kid, the kid followed him, literally on his tail.....all around, and all the while yelling at him and the kids parents were sitting next to me doing absolutely nothing. The kid wouldn' t let up. What he was saying seems harmless, but it was the WAY he was saying it and his actions toward Seth. Seth was being bullied and it made me SO MAD!

It reminded me of the times I got picked on at school and no one did a thing and it's a no wonder those kids at Columbine got so crazy that they killed everyone. Not that I'm justifying killing!! but if for years and years you are picked on and bullied and isolated by people and no one is willing to step up and protect you there's got to be a point where you just snap. Skin can only be so tough. Not that today's incident at the pool was all that huge a deal, but now that I have my own children I am learning that these feelings of anger are venting up again for my child. Can you tell I'm having a bad day?

1 comments:

Amie said...

((HUGS))

I feel kinda bad about it sometimes but I have been know to parent a strangers child if they are bugging mine.

We had an instance, twice now, at our pool where a lady would come and bring her 2 kids (age about 4 and 8) and then leave and say "can you watch them for a minute" and not come back for a while. J had to send them home one day because he was leaving.....VERY FRUSTRATING!