Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Home Again Home Again Jiggidy Jog

So, we finally made it home last night with our wits still about us. Due to weather issues, we were delayed in D.C. for 3 1/2 hours, and even upon arriving in Columbia our plane had to circle around for 20 more minutes before it was allowed to land. I'm so proud of my boys. They were so good. Seth, especially, who did not throw any tantrums and listened to Mommy, and the poor kid had nothing to play with. The battery for the DVD player ran out half-way through the first flight and I didn't pack any toys for the plane for him because I'd planned for him to watch movies the whole time. One thing that I did like, that impressed me on this trip as well as the insanity of the flight up to NY, was how nice perfect strangers were that took pity on this Mom traveling alone with two small children and gave up their seat in the waiting area so I could sit down knowing that they may have to stand for several more hours. May God bless their good deeds tenfold.



This trip to NY was SO nice. Despite it's length being shorter than last month's trip, the weather was warmer and it was much less buggy. The black flies had died off and so I could take John outside, and the new sand on the beach was just perfect for keeping the kids entertained. I was able to take Seth out on the ATV several times and see a bunch of deer. Seth had his very first try at fishing, and in a roundabout way he contributed to the catch of one 14 inch rainbow trout. The water in the lake was a degree or two warmer than last month, and so much nicer to swim in. It's been much more fun now that Seth is older to be able to do these things, and I'm so excited that he loves to do them too. I have to say that my favorite part about this whole trip was riding the 4-wheeler with Seth. I don't get much kick out of superheroism that he is SO into nowadays, but it sure is fun to watch a boy, whose attention span is about a minute, be SO patient and careful reeling in the fishing line to try to catch that first fish. Or watch him sit so calmly and wave hello to the doe we were looking at just a few feet away from us. I think it's so cool that when he hears a frog or a woodpecker he can stop and listen and know exactly what animal is making that noise. So, now I'm going to shed a tear and think about how big by baby is getting...............

0 comments: