Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Laundry Soap Revisited

So, after more than a week of using my new homemade laundry soap, I must conclude that it works. The baby poop came out of the diapers and clothes, the dirt out of the 3-year-olds clothes, the spit-up out of my shirts. So, it looks like I'll be making my own soap for a long time. The only thing I must warn you of, and this was to me, is that this soap smells like nothing. For those who live in the woods or have newborn babies that is good, but for those who like to have nice smelling fresh laundry, I suggest adding some fragrant essence to the soap. I saw some at the craft store with the usual soap crafting scents like lavendar, orange, floral, etc. I plan on keeping the soap as-is without any fragrance, and then maybe using dryer sheets that smell like my favorite Snuggle Blue Sparkle (that bear is so darn cute and snuggly!).

0 comments: