Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Weekend

Ahhh, a nice relaxing weekend with my boys. After such a hectic week all I wanted to do was spend some quality time with my babies. So, aside from a quick trip or two to the store or the old house we stayed at home. Here John is being his usual cute self playing with his toys. He is starting to crawl around a bit better and even pulling up occasionally. We also spent some time outside in the yard. Seth climbed a tree with Gabriel, a 5 year old living in the upstairs apartment. I was feeling very domestic this weekend, and although I didn't get a ton of work done on the unpacking like I'd hoped, I did make batches of strained green beans, butternut squash, carrots, and pumpkin. And I made another batch of laundry soap (click on me for the recipe). The best part about the weekend though, is that I reconnected with some old friends after about 7 years. It's always so nice to hear from people that you love so much and to know that despite the time separation you still have so much that you can relate with.

0 comments: