Friday, July 25, 2008

On Hold

So I submitted a packet on Tuesday to request medical exemption from mobilization. Thursday I called to confirm they recieved my fax. Once it was confirmed, I was told.....

DO NOT, I repeat do NOT report to Ft. Jackson on Sunday. Do NOT get on that plane. The commander will review your packet, obtain copies of any medical records and any further documents necessary and once a decision is made on it you will receive another set of orders stating that either 1)you are dismissed from the reserves and do not have to mobilize, or 2) you still have to report for mobilization at a later date.

I do not know when the later date will be, so basically all of the Army stuff is "on hold" for the time being. So, I go back to work on Monday and all life will return to normal for a while.

Thank you all for your prayers!!! Keep em lifting, as they are still needed concerning this commander's decision.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the next thing you hear is option 1!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!!!!

I was thinking of calling you today to see how you were holding up. I was so glad to read this hopeful news!

Thanks for keeping us posted!