Monday, July 21, 2008

The Countdown

So we're down to less than a week now. This weekend was a lot more of the usual stuff.... shopping trip, McD's to play, swimming, trip to the park, etc.



Church was particularlly hard, as it seems to be the one place that I simply cannot hold back my emotions. I was a basketcase, but walked away feeling comforted, loved and knowing that I have friends whose prayers on my behalf will be heard. This was my last Sunday in church, so I said goodbye and Thank You to all my friends.


Today I shuffled the kids off to daycare and got to work on my paperwork. I managed to steal a spot in the afternoon with my Dr's office to get the letter from her and copies of my medical records. I finally picked up John's birth certificate (yes I know it's a year and a half later), and I talked to the Sergeant on the Delays and Exemptions board to get some information about submitting a packet to the Army for a medical exemption from mobilization. This, IMO, is my only chance at getting out of this recall. Fortunately I already have everything I need, and will be faxing the packet tomorrow morning.

This afternoon I ran to Target and picked up some sports bras (ahhhh) and shower shoes. Don't you love the feeling of a new sports bra? Makes you realize how much the elastic on your current bras has shot.

Tomorrow will be dedicated to finishing the last few household chores and stuff to get ready for Mom. Mom is coming down on Wednesday and Dad will be arriving next week after the Collyer family reunion up in NY. Tonight is Dave's last day of work this week, so the rest of the week will be devoted to family time.

For any of you who just starting reading my blog recently...... I was recalled back into the Army after being out of Active duty for a year and a half. I am reporting to Ft. Jackson on Sunday for mobilization processing. If during that time I am not medically disqualified from mobilization, I will then be sent to a refresher course for Arabic for a short time (likely about 3 months) after which I will join the reserve unit I have been assigned to and fly overseas with them. Where and when we still do not know, but we are hoping that they will not find me medically fit for mobilization.

So, thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. We are in a tough time right now, and not just me but my entire extended family.

1 comments:

My name is Dianna said...

I am praying for you! Love you and I'm still game to come run over your leg or chop your fingers off...whatever it takes;)