Monday, April 7, 2008

Nothing Much

So, nothing much new here. The weekend was somewhat uneventful. The rain from the last week and half finally subsided and we had a beautiful warm sunny day Sunday.

I finally got to take Seth to the park to ride his new bike. He fell off a few times, but wasn't hurt and got right back on. He learned how to break a little better, but still forgets to when he's panicking (instead a tree helped him stop). He managed to maneuver around the parked cars that were hanging over the sidewalk and pedal both up and downhill. Overall, I'm very pleased with how well he is picking up bike riding. AND now that Dave has a bike too (which btw was his "big surprise" I mentioned in passing a few weeks ago. I can't wait for them to go out on rides together. I have my own memories of bike riding with my family, both on my own bike, and riding on the back of my parent's bikes.

It's that time of year again when Augusta gets bombarded by khaki pants and polo shirts and thousands of cars here for the Masters. Spring break is this week for all public schools so that families can get out of here and avoid the choas and congestion. Many families even rent their homes out to people for the week (usually for thousands) pay off a chunk of mortgage and fund their week-long vacation. This year we live literally just a few miles away from the golf course. (groan). Fortunately I was able to avoid a lot of the traffic by taking alternate routes to daycares and work this morning. So, hopefully it will stay that way through the rest of the week.

0 comments: