Thursday, March 13, 2008

Not much new to Report

So...not much new to report here. This week has been relatively uneventful. I didn't get the lead position at work. Mainly I think because 1. Someone else was willing to do the job for cheaper and 2. They've known from the beginning when I took this position that it was only meant to be temporary. So much for being honest. Anyhow, the increase in pay was about all I was looking forward to in the possibility of taking the lead position. I'm crazy busy all the time at work, and I just dont know how I'd manage to fit in checking behind everyone else's work too. That is, unless I'm willing to stay late and come in early, which for me...is not worth the time missed with my family. So...say la vie (or however you spell it).


I've still heard absolutely nothing about the linguist jobs, and seeing as how it's been over a year since I left the Army, I have pretty much given up hope. As much as I love language, it looks like making a career out of it is simply something that will never happen. Perhaps someday I will find use for it in another capacity. My love for language hasn't lessened, but it seems my proficiency has.


That being said... I leave you with a cute picture of my son.

0 comments: