Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Celebrations

Easter this year was a fun day. This was the first year that Seth was really excited about it. He finally understands Easter is and that it is a day to look forward to, to celebrate.

For a few days before Easter he would ask "Mom, where's the Easter bunny?" and I'd say, "He lives under the ground, but soon he'll come visit us." He seemed happy with that response, but when he started to act up, and I'd say..... "Remember! The Easter bunny's watching!" He'd just look around the room, go to the door, or look out the window and say.... "Where?". You'd think that kids with their incredible imaginations would not ask such literal questions!

So on the morning of Easter I think he'd kinda lost the excitement because he couldn't see the bunny anywhere. He woke up at the usual time and crawled in bed with me. It wasn't until like...10 minutes later when I said...."Hey Seth I think I heard the Easter bunny come to our house last night." That it dawned on him that Sunday was the day. Here are a few pictures.














After Easter baskets and breakfast we went off to church to celebrate the REAL reason for the great day. It was SO crowded, we had 12 kids in the toddler room alone. (INSANITY?!) But after church there was a celebration dinner, and lots of stuff to do.... bouncy houses, face painting....even someone giving out 5 minute neck massages! Later in the day I took the kids to the park to burn off some of the sugar, and we hung out at the house.

0 comments: