Friday, March 21, 2008

Bubble Guts

At least that was what they told me was wrong with John when they called me at work to come pick him up. I fed him Raisins and Spice Oatmeal for breakfast at 8am, and by the time I picked him up at 1130 and came home, those raisins were waiting for me in his diaper. Yuck...I can't believe I'm blogging about this. But my point being.... despite the fact that John had bubble guts, we had a great day today. I secretly love it when Daycare calls me and I get to take the day off of work and hang out with my baby all day. It gives me one on one time with him, and while he's napping it gives me precious "me" time for a few hours. So I get to watch Family Feud or see what's happening with Bo and Hope on Days or pay bills, or mop the floor(who can mop a floor with four little feet running around?). John isn't really sick....he has bubble guts because he's teething. So.... after some acetaminophen and his nap we went shopping for Easter basket fillers and a big surprise for Dave. And then got to pick Seth up, which was fun because 1. I turned Dave's alarm off before I left so he'd get to sleep in a bit and 2. I got to surprise Seth since I never get to pick him up. AND, when I did pick him up..... I got the biggest "MOOOMMMMY!!" and the biggest smile and the most beautiful 4-year old boy running into my arms with the biggest hug. I love being a Mommy....even with the bubble guts.

0 comments: