Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Sunday we got up and went to church. I had the todder room and had lots of fun playing with them.

In the afternoon Dave, as every Sunday afternoon, went to hang with some friends. So the boys and I had a great opportunity to get ready for Father's Day. Seth picked out a Batmobile for his Daddy and I picked out a new keyboard and mouse. My goal was to clean out and organize our spare bedroom ( aka. the junk room) so that Dave can relax and enjoy a nice clean desk while he's on the computer. It didnt go exactly as planned.

In order to organize the piles of stuff to take to Goodwill I needed some boxes. In order to get the boxes I needed to empty the ones I had yet to unpack from when we moved in (last Sept) that were still in our bedroom.

So, I spent several hours trying to figure out what to do with our stuff. Most of it was my old Army uniforms that I never unpacked because I had no clue what to do with. So, I went back down memory lane with my old old uniforms from basic training....still stiff with starch. My maternity uniforms from California when I had Seth. My first set of new ACUs. I hate to throw it all out....but I have no use for it now.... even with the weight loss I don't fit into most of them anymore. I saved a few things that I think will fit just in case I need them for extras when I go up to Ft. Jackson next month.

Otherwise, after 3 hours I managed to have totally reorganized my bedroom. Boxes emptied and clothes put away. John was so nice to take a superlong nap for Mommy.

Then I started on the spare bedroom but didn't get all that far. Seth was bored and John woke up. At least I was productive and the Goodwill boxes are ready to be picked up. Anyways, long story short.... Dave came home and we ate a nice dinner. He was happy to have the boxes in our room gone and excited to test out his new gadgets. We both called our Dads to tell them we love them. Then we crashed and went to sleep.

1 comments:

Kristin and Chris said...

Hi Carolyn, How fun to hear from you and get to catch up on you and your gorgeous guys through your blog.
Kristin