Sunday, February 3, 2008

Weekend and John


So this Friday I finally got paid!!! Yay! As one can imagine, I was quite excited. On Jan 1st I was hired permanant at work from being a temp. Along with that came an entire month to get paid, as they only pay bi-monthly and they hold your first paycheck (ie, I got paid on the 1st of Feb for the 1st-15th of Jan). Well, we made it! It was really tough, and drained most of what little savings we had, but we survived. I felt like a rich woman when I went to walmart yesterday.....whats this? we can afford crackers? and kleenex? and I can get some contact solution? Oh my! God is good! We celebrated with McDonalds and I bought myself a nail polish.

This weekend was kinda tough. We all woke up on the wrong side of the bed on Saturday and everyone was bumping heads with everyone. Normally I would've forgone the Walmart shopping till after naptime but it had to be done. We didn't even have butter for toast....it was that bad. Suprisingly we made it through without too much drama, until the very end when Seth stopped listening to me, and lost his cookies. I had to take them out of the bag and hand them back to the cashier! So...of course the usual crying fit scene erupted and I walked away quickly with my head down muttering prayers for patience. Once we all got a short snooze our attitudes were much better. We went and rented a few movies and then made a night of it. The boys watched Cinderella 2 and I watched Amazing Grace (with my eyes half open).


Sunday was a much better day. Off to church in the morning to work in the nursery. Then I took Seth to a birthday party at Adventure Crossing where he got to ride on his first rides ever! He went on the roller coaster about 5 times in a row, the carusel, the planes, the mini-twister, and then we went indoors for some skeeball and games. Seth was sooo good and had a great time.


- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - -

I can't believe it's been almost a year now since John entered our little family. The day he was born is still so fresh in my memory and makes me nostalgic for his infancy. One year ago yesterday was my due date. My husband took me out for wings, and I ordered the hottest I could possibly stand, hoping that the spicy-ness would force me into labor....... It just gave me heartburn. So, the next day I spent the day outdoors. I friend of a friend told me she got her labor started by communing with the earth. So... I pulled weeds in what was once my flowerbed. I knew I would be moving in a few weeks and would have to clean it up anyhow, so that's what I did.....and it worked. Around 4ish it occurred to me that my cramps were stronger and by 8ish by contractions were about 4 minutes apart. We dropped Seth off at Amie's for the night and headed to the hospital. He was born the next morning at 3am....on Superbowl Sunday. 9lbs 14ozs and 21 inches long. God is sooo good! Look was a joy and a gift He has given us!



This was actually taken the Christmas before John was born....... I didn't think I could get much bigger, but I did.


Here is John just a few moments after he was born. Daddy took pictures while they cleaned him up and Mommy sat anxiously waiting to hold her new blessing.





One year later.... no longer a baby..... a toddler for sure!


1 comments:

Amie said...

AWWW, baby John! I remember those days :)