Wednesday, February 13, 2008

10 Reasons Why I Loved this Weekend


1. Jumpin' Around..... Dad and I took Seth to Jumpin' Beans on Monday. It was so much fun! Mom and John stayed home to play and it was the first time I got to go and jump with Seth without having to sit out with John. We went down the slides, Dad and I played airhockey, and I taught Seth how to do Summersaults and Cartwheels (sort of).














2. Speaking of Monday...... I didn't have to work! Yay for day's off!


3. Happy Boobies.... Mom and I went shopping Sunday afternoon. I used up most of my holiday gift certificates to replace much of my underwear and bras. Ahh....there's just something SO wonderful about a fresh new pair of panties, and so uplifting and comfortable about a new brazierre with the elastic still in it!


4. Happy Birthday John! Yes! John turned 1 year old last week, but we celebrated on Monday night with some cake and presents.





















5. Shopping at Walmart.... Dad took me shopping at Walmart Saturday morning and filled 2 grocery carts-full of food and supplies. Our pantry and freezer are overflowing! We are so blessed to have such wonderful parents! Thanks Dad!

6. Warm weather.... While normally I'd have complained about 70 degree weather in Winter, it was nice to have the warm weather arrive for the weekend and give the kids some fun in the sun with bike riding and tree climbing and ball tossing.


7. Good kids. Not that I'm bragging or anything....but my kids were SO good this weekend. I was very proud of them. Seth and Grandma baked cookies together on Monday morning and Seth said that he wanted to bring them to school to share with the kids. At first, I was like...well we already signed up for tablecloths for the party....and somewhat dismissed it. But who am I to deny my son the opportunity to be thoughtful? Of course we're taking the cookies!

8. A nap...thanks to Grandma and Papa, Mommy got a little nap this weekend. Ahhhh.

9. My house was kinda clean :-) As always when guests are coming, we cleaned the house up! Thanks to much hard (yet procrastinated) work from my husband I had really little to do besides laundry throughout the weekend.

10. Mom and Dad were here! Yay! I love them so much! And I can't wait to see them again!

3 comments:

My name is Dianna said...

I am soo glad you had a great weekend! See you soon. Hopefully Saturday night and we can have adult conversation....

Amie said...

awww, Jumping Beans!

Happy Birthday Big John!

what fun, miss you guys,

Amie :)

Emily said...

Wow, happy birthday, John!! And how fun to have your parents in town. What a special weekend! Yay!

Emily