Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Scardey Cat

Hello. I'm scared of the dark. Nice to meet you.

Ok, so I have a different name, but I still am scared. I don't really know why, but sometimes I just get really paranoid and can't sleep. I start imagining things and then more things and then plan in my head what I would do in situations and how I would react so that I will know what to do when it really happens. Thump, thump thump.......uh oh.....is that someone walking in my living room? No....it's the dryer silly goose. I've done it since I was 4.....7.......11.......ok, I guess I've always been like this. It comes and goes in seasons, but my plans change each time. Tonight I would hide behind the door and wait till the intruder steps into the doorway and then with ninja-like speed I would slam the door in his face and then follow with a kick to knock out any weapons from his hands and then I would knock him unconscious with my baseball bat and duct-tape his hands and feet until the police arrive.
Perhaps it is the Mommy in me that makes me scared for my babies and feeling the need to protect them on the nights that Dave has to work. Or perhaps it is just that....the absense of my big husband at night that I've grown so accustomed and safe feeling next to, but when you're sitting alone in your living room and the kids are sleeping and all of a sudden the motion light outside comes on.....it sure gets my imagination going. And next thing I know I'm laying in bed with the telephone in my hand, a baseball bat next to the bed and me staring at the ceiling listening to the little noises and wishing I hadn't watched that PETA documentary because those disgusting images don't ever leave your brain and I really don't want them there anymore. Maybe I need to become a vegetarian. Maybe I should just write a blog about it.

0 comments: