Friday, August 15, 2008

Womens Gymnastics

When I was a little girl, I remember watching womens gymnastics on tv during the Olympics. Don't you? Don't you remember dreaming of one day becoming a beautiful graceful gymnast? And think.... I think I can do that!! And then you and your sister did tumbling off the couch and bed and practiced kicking your feet over when you arch your back, or make up silly dance routines?

Perhaps I'm just watching the wrong channels, but I feel compelled to complain a little about the coverage of the Olympics this year. Now as an adult, I can barely stay awake to watch the women's gymnastics.... last night the womens all around finals weren't aired until 11:15 pm!!! How are little girls supposed to fall in love with gymnastics and remember names like Mary Lou Retton and Nadia Comaneci with fondness and admiration if they can't stay up to watch the games?!

I must say though, that I am just amazed this year at the US Swim Team. Not just Michael Phelps (would you SMILE a little Michael?? Get a LITLE excited about winning your GOLDS??) but it seems like just about ALL of our swimmers seem to be smashing the World Records in every event! Amazing!! Exciting!! I betcha all the spectators will have our national anthem memorized by the end of the swimming portion. Haha.

2 comments:

DrAnn said...

I ditto. I have been so frustrated that I can't watch any of the Olympics. I just can't stay up that late. And not everyone has TIVO :(

Amie said...

Here Here!

This is driving me crazy too, I thought they would replay it today but I couldn't find it. So annoying.

and the pictures of seth's drawing below are adorable!

((hugs))

Amie