Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Weekend

Like most other weekends, this has been a somewhat ordinary one. The week's worth of laundry, trying to catch up on the cleaning, playing outside with the boys, planning meals for the week, grocery shopping, taking movies back, etc etc etc. I got to talk to Kerrie yesterday for a lot of the morning and my parents in the afternoon. I had a headcold for a few days but it seems to be on the mend today and not spreading to my lungs. Thank God too, because we certainly can't afford to get sick and miss work this month! After the busy-ness of the holidays I reveled in a relaxing ordinary weekend like this. But now that I've had a few in a row I wish I had some sort of social activity planned. It's hard though, now that 3 of my close friends and their families have moved away recently. I need to get out there and make some new ones....with people willing to hang out with me and my 2 curious boys. With Dave sleeping during the day I can't invite people here to my house (even though I'd love to) which means I have to wait for an invite. To everything there is a season, and I guess loneliness gets it's season for now in my life. I'm sure every Mom feels this way at some point.

1 comments:

My name is Dianna said...

What are you doing Saturday? Though I live in a sea of awesome women, I am in a season of savoring moments in the backyard, instead of running, going and eventing....so, that said, I would love your company and my girls could dote on your boys quite nicely! Maybe a picnic at a park, if it is pretty?:)