Monday, November 17, 2008

BlaBla Blog

Despite the bad news our lives keep moving forward.

Seth and John both started swimming lessons a few weeks ago at the Y. Seth LOVES to swim and be in the water but is frustrated that he doesn't get any fun free swim time. They have him doing a lot of laps and technique exercises. His class is 45 minutes long but he pretty much poops out after 30. I see improvement already but he's not quite ready to give up the floaty.
John and I are in the baby class and we do fun stuff like kick and splash and blow bubbles and jump and reach. Now I have a hard time getting him NOT to splash me during bath time.

Dave and I will get to go to our first parent-teacher conference on Wednesday to hear how Seth is doing. I'm really looking forward to it. Seth's not much for telling me about the details of his day at school..... all I usually get is..... "it was fine". So I have lots of questions.

I've handed in notice at work that my last day will be on the day before Thanksgiving. I'll get a week and a half off to get ready for Ft. Jackson and spend quality time with Dave and the kids. Work is very generously letting me keep my cell until I actually leave the US, so I won't have to wait in line at the pay phones. They've also approved lots of overtime for last week, this week and next so I can get some extra pay before I leave.

Despite the bummer news, we are still hopeful . After speaking with my case manager further about this exemption case, it appears that there were no medical personnel on the board who reviewed the case. According to the paperwork I received, the reason my claim was dissapproved was because it did not "demonstrate personal hardship". But I will still go through further medical screening when I arrive at Ft. Jackson where I will be seen by real medical personnel. I'm sure they will do further tests...xrays, mri, nerve studies etc. to verify the probs in my spine. So...we'll just have to wait and see. In the mean time, my time at Ft. Jackson will be kept busy with training 7 days a week and of course some exercise. Yikes! Time to start running again. Oh Joy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should take your camera to swim class so I can see your little water babies in action! And I can't wait to hear what Seth's teacher had to say...it's hard to believe he's in school already!