Sunday, December 9, 2007

Hello

Hello, so I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. As we all know, our work doubles the closer we get to Christmas and blogging has taken a back-burner for my free time. When I got my first Christmas card in the mail on Friday it occurred to me that it hadn't yet occurred to me to start on my Christmas cards. So, I went and bought some yesterday and got them all addressed, and then Seth and I put up the Christmas tree. I've kept busy with crochet projects and household chores, and entertaining the kiddos. But mostly I've just been shuffling off to work and back and it's been so busy there they're even talking about offering me some overtime. Anyhow, let's see ......
Our Parent-teacher conference went very well. We didn't really learn a whole lot we didn't already know. But it sure is nice to hear from others how smart your kid is. The one thing we didn't know, and this was a big surprise.....was that Seth wasn't napping anymore during naptime. I was so sad. So long nap time for Mommy for another 15 years. However, this weekend I didn't make him nap at all, and he was extremely cranky and mean by evening. I think perhaps his teachers meant that he wasn't falling asleep right away during naptime, but still gets a short snooze?, because he certainly isn't like this on the weekdays!
John had a well-baby check-up this week. He actually hadn't gained much weight this time, since he's so active now. I swear this boy will be walking in a week! I've started to give him some more freedoms, particularly when I take Seth outside to play. Normally I just hold him because the backyard is gravel and dirt mostly. This weekend I let him get dirty and crawl around and try to keep up with Seth and Gabriel, and he just went for it! He tried to climb up the slide, and when the boys were in the Spiderman house he walked on in the house with them. It's hard to believe he's my baby....but not so much the baby baby anymore. I thought he'd try to eat the gravel but he didnt.

0 comments: